Monday, June 2, 2014

Indulging In My Happy...



Words! No thought about it. I don't need to ponder it. Words make me happy. At the age of nine, I knew I wanted to be a writer. It started with a poem I entitled, "Roses". I couldn't recite it for you now or even remember half of it, but I do remember making a binder full of poems that I wrote at the bottom of my notebook in class. 

One of the gifts that I cherished most was given to me while I was in college. One of my male co-workers heard that I never had a Valentine and what I cherished most was when someone wrote a lengthy message in a card instead of just signing it. I wasn't the only one to say what I liked most, but he took notice even though I wasn't aware that he did. Needless to say, when Valentine's Day came around, there was a card awaiting me at my work area and it was the sweetest card I've ever received. It was the fact that he actually took the effort to find out what I wanted and the words were beautiful. I stumbled upon the card a few weeks ago and I didn't recall keeping it. But just like that day a number or years ago, I smiled once more.



The lyrics to a song, words of a scripture, the words "I'm sorry", and the phrase we hold our breath to hear "I love you". I find happiness in creating a stream of words that will last with someone forever. It's the little things. It's the colors in the sky when the sun sets or how the waters on the beach creep upon the sand. Those moments give me a piece of happiness. That's happiness I can't create. At times, there aren't words to describe its beauty nor capture the essence.

Where do you find your happiness? It's good for your health. Life is too short not to be happy. Pour into others which you wish others would have poured into you. Being happy is an option. You make the choice. You can find happiness in the little things. If you can't be happy with the blessings you have now, how do you expect to be happy with obtaining more? Indulge in your happy.

1 comment: