Saturday, June 14, 2014

Wasn't So Boring After All

"And I realized....it wasn't so boring after all." - Me

I have no problem admitting that it took some readjusting for me to be used to not having a date on the weekends. Last year this time, I knew that my weekend would involve a date, church, another date, and recovering for my dates to do it all over again the upcoming week. Last year I went out with two men AT DIFFERENT TIMES. Hey, that's a record for me. As you may recall I was on a bit of a hiatus for dating for 3 years. And no it was not really something I tried to do, it just happened.

The last date that I went on was in October of 2013. Okay, maybe you have been on a date recently, or maybe you're stuck in the same dry season of dates that I was in just 3 years ago. Around March it started getting to me. I missed dinner dates. No longer was I taking small dates to the local department store. Yes, I like to take dates in unconventional places. You learn a lot about a person based on their style and the items that they buy.

Now my night consisted of a Redbox movies, church, and occasionally treating myself to a no chip manicure when pay week permitted. It became boring. I won't act as though the first half of my dating season last year didn't come with a lot of unnecessary drama. If you only knew the story about the first guy I dated, you'd wondered why I continued dating at all during the rest of the year. The second guy caught me by surprise (Be sure to read previous post for deets).

Back to the point, I became bored. Everything went right back to being predictable, but I have to be honest, I needed this time to learn who the new me was. Might I add, I really like her. She's pleasant. A lot more patient. She's motivated. She's ready to go to the next level in her life.

Before I couldn't see why I was removed again from everything and everyone. I needed this time. As you may recall from two post below, I received a random call. It reminded me that I didn't miss my past. I was free and I love every single minute of being free.

Okay, okay. Yes, at times I do wish I had a date, but I don't want to entertain a random man for the sake of receiving a free meal. I can't be bought. I have to be earned. "Earn me!" (In my Olivia Pope voice) That's one of my favorite lines from the sitcom Scandal.

I recently spoke with a friend about this quiet season in my life that I once labeled boring. Yesterday, I told her this season wasn't all that boring, this season "Wasn't so boring after all."

~Eve

2 comments:

  1. Scandal was on both our minds tonight. :-) You're being "seasoned" in your season. The one who is worthy is searching for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! You said that perfectly! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete