Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reasons I Never Made It Past The Dating Only Stage....

It's not fair to blame the men for every thing that DIDN'T happen, such as a relationship. Some of it was me and sometimes we just weren't compatible. Here are a few of the reasons below:

The Guys Girl: Yes that is me. Men feel like I'm one of the guys when I'm around. Yes, it makes women roll their eyes and question whether or not I'm a harlot that's trying t seduce their mates. I'm not! I make it clear, I don't want someone else's man, I only want my own. I'm the woman  that can talk sports, politics, and have a laid back vibe. I'm not overly girly, as I tend to trade in a pair of stilettos for flip flops. At times it's hard for them to see me other than a friend.

Too Passive: While dating a guy, I never wanted to bring up a relationship too quick because I didn't want to scare him off. As a result it caused me to settle. Want the honest truth? I settled for a guy that kept juggling me and his ex girlfriend. When we met, they were going through a break up and I told him we couldn't go out anymore until he was officially done with her. Of course he came to my place and said that they were completely over. Only for him to say that he didn't want to jump directly into a new relationship. I saw some logic behind that, but it was his way of keeping us both. I didn't find out until I was done with him for good that 3 days after he came to my house and told me they were over, they got back together. Guess who became the woman on the side? Me! Now I've learned to ask for what I want and let me expectations be known.

Celibacy: In this day and age it is rare for an adult or even teenagers for that matter to be celibate. However, I decided to take that journey. It keeps you from having soul ties with the wrong person and let's be real, it saves you from going to the doctor getting those extra labs done as often. When I throw that out on the table, most men look wide eyed and look for the exit door. Some say they respect it, yet still try to see if I'll bend the rules for them. No, I won't I've learned from my past mistakes. You can't keep letting your flesh win.

Dating Pool: I'm not much of a social butterfly. I am cordial, however I don't go out much to be approached. Hey, I'm one of those people that believe when it's the right time, I'll be in the right place to be approached. Okay, here's the problem too. I have scenarios in my head of how I would like it to happen. I know I have to stop doing that. I casually joke, yet sincerely believe God will have to once again stop time, create a man from dirt, blow air into his body, and then present him to me. Because from the looks of the dating pool these days, in my area....ha! I may just be single for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment