Thursday, June 19, 2014

No Woman Was Good Enough For Him

There was something different about him. I thought that God was finally answering my prayers of finding a sufficient mate. We met in one the best places that I felt that two could meet.  Maybe,  just maybe it was my turn to fall in love for the first time.

Unlike others times, the getting to know someone stage wasn't as bad. He was forth telling of information.  But there was something that was still mysterious behind his eyes. Everyone saw him as the model citizen. I saw him as a impostor trying too hard to be perfect.  No one was perfect but he tried too hard to achieve that in the eyes of others. 

Still,  I was intrigued.  I wanted to figure out the mystery behind his crooked grin. His eyes were empty. Many times he was sure not to keep eye contact too long in efforts to conceal his secrets in case someone was able to see past the surface. 

His friends never thought that I was good enough for him. It was nothing that I did in particular,  however I was not approved to dwell within their inner circle.  As a result, he began to exclude me.I won't lie. It hurt. Here I was again hoping that my prayers for a mate were answered after years of praying,  to only be rejected by the friends he considered family.  Constantly,  one of his associates was forced upon me. They'd do anything to keep the two of us apart. Out of my frustration of waiting for him, it worked.

Weeks later I saw him plastered with pictures of a new woman.  A woman that his friends handpicked and approved of. I felt rejected.  The woman had been head over heels for him for years.  She'd finally received her chance.  A chance that was short lived.  Before they could become a couple they disbanded.

It took months to get over him, but I did. Yet, the curiosity remained as to why I wasn't good enough for him. My curiosity got the best of me. I went searching for answers.  And the answers I did find. I would have never been good enough for him and for the matter...no woman at all. While I laughed an uncontrollable laugh, it was clear as to why things never worked. 


I'm glad for revelation.  The door can be forever shut with vault locks never to reopen again.  I could only believe he lived a lie to those that weren't in his inner circle. He did not want to generalized or his popular status compromised. But at the expense and feelings of others? I can only hope that one day he'll be honest with himself and not drag another woman along the same deceitful trail. Who knew that being a woman could be too much.

1 comment:

  1. Deep, so deep. You were too much woman from him, and God didn't want you walking in his darkness.

    ReplyDelete