Monday, June 23, 2014

The Least Expected


You're probably thinking that I've made quite a few bad dating choices within the past couple of years. Not all of them were bad, but none of them resulted in marriage nor a relationship. Why they never resulted in a relationship, I'll explain in the next blog. If I could have switched some situations around, I would have. Would the outcome have been any better? Of course no one knows for sure. Yet there was one that I wish I would have taken a chance on. He was one of which tried to warn me of the guy that turned my world upside down within the matter of four failing months.

We'll call the guy I didn't give a chance, Mr. X. He was polite, attractive, funny, and he loved God. He had a nice job and no children. The list goes. He was a good catch if you looked at him on paper. I had been approached by others concerning him a few times. He had expressed his interest in me to others. And honestly, I would have taken the bait had I not listened to people I didn't know. Often I heard from women I didn't know well, "He's a really nice guy. I just don't think he'll ever commit to a relationship because he never does." While I heard from males, "I'll vouch for him. He's a good guy. Give him a chance and judge it for yourself." Too many times I wanted to kick myself for not giving him a chance but instead giving Hell In Boots a shot. Many times I've looked at myself in mirror and wondered "What the heck were you thinking?!"

Needless to say, I didn't pick Mr. X. When we see each other, we pretend as if we don't know one another. Honestly, I don't know why we began to ignore one another's presence. We never had a falling out. We even knew each others family and friends. Maybe it could have stemmed from the fact that a few short months after he tried to pursue me, he actually met another woman and pursued a relationship with her. Greattttt all the women were wrong. He was capable of committing to the right woman! Again, I know that doesn't mean he would have committed to me had we dated. While they were happy, I was dealing with the guy he warned me about. And his advice is the one which I shouldn't have ignored.

In hallways, we pass each other with not even as much as eye contact. We never speak each other's name. And we go on as if we never met. In some ways, I guess it's better. I'm sure he knows how things ended with the other guy. When people ask if I regret any "encounters" since I can never rightfully call them relationships, the one that comes to mind is the one I didn't take during my adult years. Like I say, I wouldn't have known if it would have been any better, but every time I see him, I'm reminded of the chance I didn't take. No, we'll never get together in the future, that window for us has passed. I've learned to be much more cautious about my dating choices. I wasn't ready to date anyone at the time. Truthfully right now, I don't know if I am either.

No comments:

Post a Comment